Government of Prime Minister Marin appointed
On Tuesday 10 December, the President of the Republic Sauli Niinistö appointed Finland’s 76th Government. On the same occasion, the President of the Republic released the ministers of Prime Minister Rinne’s Government from their duties.
The Government led by Prime Minister Sanna Marin has 19 ministers. The Social Democratic Party has 7 ministers, the Centre Party 5, the Greens 3, the Left Alliance 2 and the Swedish People’s Party of Finland 2.
In its first plenary session on 10 December, the Government decided on the division of duties among the ministers, the members of the statutory Ministerial Committees, the ministerial working groups and the deputies for the ministers. The Government of Prime Minister Marin also gave the Government Programme as a statement to Parliament.
Minister of Finance Katri Kulmuni was appointed as the minister deputising for the Prime Minister.
Prime Minister Marin’s Government
- Prime Minister Sanna Marin
- Minister of Finance Katri Kulmuni
- Minister for European Affairs and Ownership Steering Tytti Tuppurainen
- Minister for Foreign Affairs Pekka Haavisto
- Minister for Development Cooperation and Foreign Trade Ville Skinnari
- Minister of Justice Anna-Maja Henriksson
- Minister for Nordic Cooperation and Equality Thomas Blomqvist
- Minister of the Interior Maria Ohisalo
- Minister of Defence Antti Kaikkonen
- Minister of Local Government Sirpa Paatero
- Minister of Education Li Andersson
- Minister of Science and Culture Hanna Kosonen
- Minister of Agriculture and Forestry Jari Leppä
- Minister of Transport and Communications Timo Harakka
- Minister of Employment Tuula Haatainen
- Minister of Economic Affairs Mika Lintilä
- Minister of Social Affairs and Health Aino-Kaisa Pekonen
- Minister of Family Affairs and Social Services Krista Kiuru
- Minister of the Environment and Climate Change Krista Mikkonen
Timo Lankinen, Permanent State Under-Secretary, tel. +358 295 160 300, Prime Minister’s Office